Transporter/Driver for our GSE Program - Full-time Opening (47136)
The role of the GSE transporter/driver is to meet client transportation needs for GSE/DTA/GH. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Transport Hacienda’s GSE Participants to and from GSE.
- Transport Hacienda’s DTA Members to and from Group Homes and appointments as necessary.
- Will notify appropriate Department Supervisors when additional staff is needed for transport; i.e., Respiratory Therapy, Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Ensure all reports given by the physician are completed and given to the nursing staff.
- Deliver medical forms, i.e. referral forms, to the physician or other appropriate personnel during appointments and return these forms to the appropriate department.
- Complete all transportation forms as indicated.
- Maintain cleanliness inside vehicles, thus removing all articles that don’t belong in vehicles, including garbage, equipment, diapers, and blankets, on a daily basis.
- Check first aid kits daily for supplies and maintain adequate supply of all first aid items.
- Notify the Director of Program Services when repairs are needed on Hacienda’s vehicles.
- Provide courier services for the administration offices at their request.
- Attend all necessary in services.
- Handle emergency situations while on transport.
- Maintain a professional manner.
- Abide by all Hacienda Policies and Procedures.
- Complete referral forms when needed.
- May have to stay after designated work schedule in order to complete assigned task.
- Perform duties following safety standards required for this position including, but not limited to, use of PPE’s.
- Attend all training sessions required by the company.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must be at least 25years of age.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Have a clean Motor Vehicle Record for five years.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications at hire.
- Must be able to maintain a Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.