Transport Respiratory Therapist - Part-time Opening!
Summary: The role of the Transport Respiratory Therapist is to meet the needs of Hacienda Inc, SNF, and Los Niño’s, Hacienda Children’s Hospital, home, and group clients with respiratory complications while on transport. This is a safety sensitive position.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Applying and monitoring oxygen therapy.
- Administering pharmacological agents to the cardiopulmonary system.
- Ventilation therapy.
- Artificial airway care to include the maintenance and care of tracheotomies, trach dressing, trach tube and trach tie changes.
- Bronchial hygiene therapy.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Respiratory rehabilitation therapy.
- Education and supervision of patient family/caregivers in respiratory program.
- Maintenance and upkeep of respiratory equipment.
- Transcribe and implement the written or verbal orders of physician pertaining to the practice of respiratory care.
- Observe and monitor signs and symptoms, general behavior, general physical response to respiratory care treatment and diagnostic testing, including a determination of whether these signs, symptoms, reactions, behavior or general response exhibit abnormal characteristics.
- Implement appropriate reporting, referral; respiratory care protocols or changes in treatment based on observed abnormalities and pursuant to a prescription by a physician.
- Accurate and complete documentation of all therapies given, patient response to therapies and patient respiratory status.
- Attend in services and staff meetings.
- Abide by all Hacienda HealthCare Policies and Procedures.
- Assist clients in activities of daily living.
- May have to stay after designated work schedule in order to complete assigned task.
- Must meet all qualifications of Transporter/Driver.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- The Respiratory Therapist must be a graduate of a respiratory therapy program approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
- Possess a current State of Arizona license to practice respiratory care. This license must be in good standing.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Current CPR
- Have a clean Motor Vehicle Record for Five Years.
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accural based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.