Therapeutic Recreation Facilitator--- Part-time Opening!!
Summary: Provides structured leisure and therapeutic recreation services to individuals who are limited by physical, mental, emotional and health barriers, with the goal of increasing individual’s skills, and abilities.
- Monitor to assure that the Therapeutic Recreation Department is in full compliance at all times with regulatory standards for DDD, State, Long Term Care and SNF facilities.
- Provide functional leisure and therapeutic recreation assistance to residents who are medically fragile and severely disabled and range in ages from infancy to seniors.
- Provide adaptation to increase resident’s ability to participate in leisure and therapeutic recreation.
- Provide leisure education to residents and family that increases their degree of independency.
- Provide professional and meaningful relationships with all residents, to increase developmental motivation.
- Complete time sensitive comprehensive assessments, care plans, participation documentation including 1:1 service logs and quarterly progress notes for the entire SNF population.
- Communicate planned and services to residents, staff and visitors through a posted inclusive group calendar, and department bulletin boards.
- Post individual calendars in each resident room monthly on the Hacienda SNF unit.
- Ensure implementation of resident therapeutic recreation services daily. Provide all supplies and directions needed to successfully implement planned activity programs, and provide 1:1 therapeutic recreation services.
- Account for all facility and department resources with high regard to a DVD inventory, check outs and cleanliness.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School diploma
- 2 years professional experience as an Activity Leader in a medical setting
- .Preferred three to four years of college/university near completion of a BS or BA, with an emphasis in Therapeutic Recreation or another health science/service related degree; or at least
- Must hold a current Arizona State driver’s license
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.