Sr Benefits Specialist - Apply Now! (56509)
Hiring Bonus -- $2,500
Responsible for managing the company’s benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and other benefit plans. Manage critical HR processes: Leaves of Absence including FMLA, Employee Injury/Accident/Workers’ Compensation, Affordable Claims Act compliance, unemployment claims and a variety of other related processes. Ensure that all processing and coordination is in accordance with applicable laws. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Administer company benefits programs including HRIS programming changes and other information as needed.
- Manage open enrollment process annually.
- Audit HRIS benefits quarterly.
- Respond to employees and managers regarding benefits, Workers’ Compensation, leaves of absence and other benefit-related issues.
- Present benefits and Paycom HRIS information weekly at New Employee Orientation.
- Access HRIS system to process various functions including benefits, Workers’ Compensation, COBRA, FMLA, ACA and Unemployment as defined by company policies.
- Edit and approve 1095-C’s annually.
- Monitor ACA reporting monthly, along with employee work status changes.
- Responsible for EEO-1 and OSHA reporting.
- Manage FMLA and Medical LOA programs following company and federal guidelines.
- Coordinate the Workers’ Compensation accident and reporting process following company regulations and ADA, FMLA and other regulations.
- Responsible for coordinating benefits-related annual events such as Benefits/Safety Fair, Flexible Spending Open Enrollment and Open Enrollment.
- Interact with various benefit vendors.
- Work closely with payroll to resolve benefit billing discrepancies.
- Answer unemployment claims and represent the company at hearings.
- Monitor, update and follow up on Provider Trust reporting for statutory compliance.
- Manage Trip Reduction Plan as required by the city of Phoenix.
- Complete various administrative tasks as needed or as assigned.
- Work on projects as needed.
- Perform duties following safety standards required for this position including, but not limited to, use of PPE’s.
- Attend training sessions required by the company.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Cross-train with HR staff to provide assistance as needed.
- Stay updated on regulatory and company policy changes to effectively manage HR processes.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- College degree or coursework in Business or HR-related discipline desired.
- 8+ years of HR experience with focus in benefits administration including workers’ compensation, leaves of absence and unemployment.
- Experience entering and maintaining data in HRIS system.
- PHR desirable.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 56509