Speech Language Pathologist -- Needed ASAP!!
Summary: Plan, implement and evaluate patient care programs designed to assist patients regain communication and swallowing skills through the utilization of selected speech therapy modalities. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Plan, organize and participate in medically oriented speech therapy programs to include evaluating extent of abilities and limitations and assisting patient regain communication and swallowing skills through the utilization of selected speech therapy modalities; determine activity assignments to obtain a therapeutic goal.
- Observe and evaluate patient's progress; design treatment plans and recommend programs suited to individual potential and rehabilitative needs.
- Coordinate speech therapy with other therapeutic activities according to patient's needs, capabilities, interests and treatment goals and objectives.
- Participate in patient care conferences, consultations and educational programs designed to improve patient care and staff performance; recommend new speech therapy methods and techniques.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records and files indicating patient progress, care plans and related statistical data as required by department.
- Provide instruction, guidance and technical assistance to assistants, aides and other members of the health care team in speech therapy methods and techniques.
- Assist in recommending the selection and purchase of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology from a school accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Current unrestricted AZDHS license in Speech Language Pathology and Clinical Competency Certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Minimum 1 year experience in acute care facility, community health services, or home health agency with pediatric experience strongly preferred.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Under graduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.