Security Officer ---- Part-time Position (61086)
This position provides for the physical security and safety of residents, staff, and visitors within an assigned area of responsibility. Provides escort services, and other public service assistance as needed. Performs routine patrol duties while remaining alert. Provides first line response in emergencies. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Patrols assigned areas on foot, to ensure personal, building and equipment security.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security. Monitors the entire campus for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Provides escort services for residents, visitors, and staff as necessary and/or requested. Provides other public assistance, such as lockout services, jump-starts, and routine information.
- Watches for and reports irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required. Meets and escorts EMS personnel to the area of concern.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons. Considers anyone without a badge to be suspicious. Asks questions to determine whether the person is trespassing. Escorts person(s) off property if appropriate for situation.
- Patrols and monitors assigned parking areas to provide public security and assistance.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
- Performs access control and assigns temporary badges to authorized visitors and employees.
- Monitors video recording devices for security and safety issues.
- Maintains a daily activity log and prepares incident reports as needed.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Successful completion of the International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety certification. (Within 6 months of hire date)
- Previous Healthcare experience preferred
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 61086