Respiratory Therapist (RT) - Full-time/ PRN Openings
Hiring Bonus - $2500
Position is Full-time - Monday - Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm - Hours may vary.
Hacienda HealthCare’s Intermediate Care Facility for individuals with an intellectual disability (ICF-IID) is an all-inclusive residential care facility for long-term, transition-to-home and short-term respite care. Our state-of-the-art facility, combined with a low resident-to-caregiver ratio, allows our staff to provide exceptional and compassionate care. We offer the highest quality of care, a compassionate staff and a warm, inviting atmosphere.
Under general supervision. performs all respiratory care related duties and to meet the needs of Hacienda Healthcare clients at all times while on duty. This is a safety sensitive position.
- RT Transport of patients when required
- Patient assessment and advocate as indicated.
- Maintain all department and facility/hospital records and enters accurate and complete information in the patient chart.
- RT will demonstrate abilities in providing respiratory care, including but not limited to, emergency care, teaching, development, and the performance of routine procedures and care and maintenance of equipment.
- After thorough review of the chart to verify proper prescription by a physician, and appropriateness of the procedures ordered, performs procedures accurately and in a timely manner, and as described in the policy and procedure manual:
- Applying and monitoring oxygen therapy: tank, tent, mask, cannula, walker, high flow, etc.
- Administering pharmacological agents to the cardiopulmonary system.
- Sets up and administers all routine and complex respiratory therapy procedures to patients of all ages in all areas identified as prescribed by the physician.
- Artificial airway care to include the maintenance and care of tracheostomies, trach dressing, trach tube, inner cannulas, and trach tie changes.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Responsible for the application and operation of acute and home care ventilators used for continuous short and long-term mechanical ventilation of adults, pediatrics and neonates.
- Bronchial hygiene therapy: CPT manual, Postural Drainage, TherapyVest, Vibration, Cough Assist (Mechanical Insufflation and Exsufflation).
- Respiratory rehabilitation therapy including Incentive Spirometry.
- Observes and monitors signs and symptoms, general behavior, general physical response to respiratory care treatment and diagnostic testing, including a determination of whether these signs, symptoms, reactions, behavior or general response exhibit abnormal characteristics.
- Implements appropriate reporting, referral; respiratory care protocols or changes in treatment based on observed abnormalities and pursuant to a prescription by a physician.
- Mechanical ventilation, IPPB, CPAP, BiPAP Therapy.
- Arterial puncture for the purpose of blood gas analysis.
- Responds quickly and professionally to all alarms and answers patient call lights in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Accurate and complete documentation of all therapies given, patient response to therapies and patient respiratory status or change of condition.
- Provides instruction to patients, family, staff, and students about theory, therapy, and equipment used in Respiratory Care procedures and techniques, and documents such as required. Provides instruction and referral for home-care patients and their families/caregivers.
- Must be able to hear equipment alarms, overhead pages, and direct verbal communication.
- Works in potentially hazardous conditions following all the guidelines provided regarding: Infection Control, HAZ/MAT, and Safety/Disaster.
- Performs EKG testing as necessary and documents appropriately.
- Observes that proper safety measures are enforced in the techniques used on patients receiving therapy. Maintains high safety standards.
- Answers and responds to all calls and pages of the department.
- Maintains knowledge of recent advances in medical principles of respiratory therapy equipment, procedures and drugs.
- Attends all departmental in-services and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintains a good attendance record and follows all facility rules, policies and procedures.
- Assists Nursing staff as needed with ordering and stocking respiratory supplies, holding babies, feeding patients, changing diapers, preparing meals as needed, assist with weights, and do transports as needed.
- Abides by all Hacienda Healthcare Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Day/Night Supervisor, ADOR, or DOR.
- Communicates information on needed supplies and equipment to Supervisor.
- Acts as Charge RT as assigned, performing the duties and responsibilities described in that job description to the best of their ability.
- Assists in the orientation of new nursing and RT personnel to the department.
- Performs duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
- Attends all training sessions required by the company.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a respiratory therapy program approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
- Valid and current CRT or RRT Credential issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Credential must be maintained if subject for expiration. Failure to renew credential prior to expiration will lead to termination of employment.
- Valid and current State of Arizona license to practice respiratory care. RT must maintain license in good standing and need to meet any new requirement of the Arizona Board of Respiratory Care Examiners.
- Current BLS/CPR.
- Will attend initial orientation classes within 30 days of hire.
- Will be capable of performing the requirements of total client care.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4% /3 year vesting
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
- Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
- Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 69067