Registered Nurse (RN) -- Hacienda Children's Hospital - PRN Openings!
24 bed Pediatric hospital with family like atmosphere is in search of PRN RN's for day shift and night shift. Our hospital in Mesa is a beautiful child- centered facility which cares for patients from newborns to 17 years of age. Applicants must either have at least one year of experience and would prefer experience in a pediatric setting. Applicants must be self-motivated and possess good time management skills and enjoy being part of a team!
Summary: The Registered Nurse is directly responsible to the Director of Nursing. The Primary function of a registered Nurse is the provision of direct nursing services to the patient. This is a safety sensitive position
- Participate in patient care conference with the Director of Nursing
- Perform all functions within the scope of the patient care
- Provide for the safety, emotional, and physical comfort of the patient.
- Perform routine nursing duties, including, but not limited to:
- Taking and recording temperature, pulse, and blood pressure
- Comfort, grooming, and hygiene needs
- Diet management
- Collecting specimens
- Patient activities
- Deliver nursing care to patients that require the judgment and specialized skills of a Registered Nurse (RN) in conjunction with the physician’s orders and care plan.
- Perform skilled nursing procedures where training, demonstrates skills and the state Nurse Practice Act permits.
- Observe, report, and record any changes in the patient’s condition in a timely manner.
- Assist with patient admission and discharge.
- Document required information legibly in the medical chart of nursing progress notes, seizure record, medication record, treatment record, and Bowel Movement/medications records (BM/medications), daily assessment flow sheet, etc. Review information during charting process, making assessments and recommendations for improved care.
- Provide accurate, complete shift reports on written shift report and in verbal reports to on-coming nurse. Work with each department to ensure consistency and continuity in treatment plan by updating Kardexes and care plans as necessary.
- Utilizes means for furthering professional growth by attending mandatory staff meetings, taking initiative to attend community workshops, touring other facilities, participating in "in house" in-services, and/or completing continuing education classes relevant to nursing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing (DON).
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s..
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be capable of passing a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must attend initial orientation classes within 30 days of hire.
- Current Arizona Registered Nursing License. This license must be in good standing.
- Graduate of a program accredited by the National League of Nursing.
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS card.
- At least one year of experience, pediatrics preferred.
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure