Registered Nurse (RN) - Hacienda Children's Hospital -- PRN Openings!
24 bed Pediatric hospital with family like atmosphere is in search of PRN RN's. Our hospital in Mesa is a beautiful child- centered facility which cares for patients from newborns to 17 years of age. Applicants must either have at least one year of experience and would prefer experience in a pediatric setting. Applicants must be self-motivated and possess good time management skills and enjoy being part of a team!
Summary: The Registered Nurse is directly responsible to the Director of Nursing. The Primary function of a registered Nurse is the provision of direct nursing services to the patient. This is a safety sensitive position
- Participate in patient care conference with the Director of Nursing
- Perform all functions within the scope of the patient care
- Provide for the safety, emotional, and physical comfort of the patient.
- Perform routine nursing duties, including, but not limited to:
- Taking and recording temperature, pulse, and blood pressure
- Comfort, grooming, and hygiene needs
- Diet management
- Collecting specimens
- Patient activities
- Deliver nursing care to patients that require the judgment and specialized skills of a Registered Nurse (RN) in conjunction with the physician’s orders and care plan.
- Perform skilled nursing procedures where training, demonstrates skills and the state Nurse Practice Act permits.
- Observe, report, and record any changes in the patient’s condition in a timely manner.
- Assist with patient admission and discharge.
- Document required information legibly in the medical chart of nursing progress notes, seizure record, medication record, treatment record, and Bowel Movement/medications records (BM/medications), daily assessment flow sheet, etc. Review information during charting process, making assessments and recommendations for improved care.
- Provide accurate, complete shift reports on written shift report and in verbal reports to on-coming nurse. Work with each department to ensure consistency and continuity in treatment plan by updating Kardexes and care plans as necessary.
- Utilizes means for furthering professional growth by attending mandatory staff meetings, taking initiative to attend community workshops, touring other facilities, participating in "in house" in-services, and/or completing continuing education classes relevant to nursing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing (DON).
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s..
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be capable of passing a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must attend initial orientation classes within 30 days of hire.
- Current Arizona Registered Nursing License. This license must be in good standing.
- Graduate of a program accredited by the National League of Nursing.
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS card.
- At least one year of experience, pediatrics preferred.
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.