Registered Nurse (RN) for SNF Department-PRN
Performs the duties of a Registered Nurse maintaining the standards of care outlined in the Nurse Practice Act by Arizona State Board of Nursing. The Registered Nurse is held accountable for making decisions that are based upon educational preparation and experience in nursing. This is a safety sensitive position.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Registered Nurse shall be held accountable for the quality and quantity of nursing care given to clients, to include:
a) Providing the nursing leadership in the planning and provision of nursing care to all clients
b) Giving direct nursing care to each patient according to needs or assigning these functions to assistants in accordance with the preparation and competency of the available staff
c) The direction and continuous evaluation of nursing practice, applying nursing knowledge, administrative techniques and teaching principles toward the ultimate goal of excellence in client care and promotion of good health practices
d) The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for supervising the Nursing Process, to include: Assessment, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation for clients in his/her care
e) Organizing, administering, supervising the implementation of a written nursing plan for each client
- Responsible for supervision of all care staff as it relates to patient care.
- The Registered Nurse shall be held accountable for the quality and quantity of nursing care given to clients by self or others who are under his/her supervision
- The Registered Nurse may:
a) Assign specific nursing duties to other qualified personnel
b) Assign administration of medication to other licensed nurses only
c) Assign the duties or rendering of treatments to licensed nurses and/or auxiliary workers based upon their educational preparation and experience
The Registered Nurse shall appraise the care given by the licensed nursing staff and auxiliary workers under his/her direction and shall give assistance as needed
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the clinical record, which reflects the clients nursing care and progress, or lack of progress. The Registered Nurse may delegate some portions of the recording of the care given and observations made to the assistants who have rendered the service
- Attend all mandatory nurses meetings
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPEs.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Current state RN license
- Current CPR card for healthcare worker.
- Proof of negative for TB.
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accural based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment