Recreation Therapist - Full-time Opening in our Nursing Facility (48415)
Responsible for ensuring that structured leisure and therapeutic recreation services are provided to individuals who are limited by physical, mental, emotional and health barriers, with the goal of increasing the individual’s skills and abilities.
These services are provided in 1:1 visits and in inclusive groups. Additionally clinical assessments, documentation, logs and monitoring records will be written. Often the direct service provided is adaptive and assistive, while a great emphasis is given to an inclusive environment. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Provide input to the Administrator to ensure that the Therapeutic Recreation Services Department is in full compliance at all times with regulatory standards for DDD, State, and ICF facilities.
- Provide functional leisure and therapeutic recreation assistance to residents who are medically fragile and severely disabled and range in ages from infancy to seniors.
- Provide adaptation to increase resident’s ability to participate in leisure and therapeutic recreation.
- Provide leisure education to residents and family that increases the degree of independence.
- Provide professional and meaningful relationships with all residents, which will increase developmental motivation.
- Provide training, team building, and direction to direct care staff to ensure implementation of scheduled inclusive group services.
- Complete time sensitive comprehensive assessments, care plans, participation documentation including 1:1 service logs and quarterly progress notes for the entire resident population.
- Communicate planned services to residents, staff and visitors through a posted inclusive group calendar, and department bulletin boards.
- Post individual calendars in each resident room monthly on the Hacienda ICF unit.
- Ensure implementation of resident therapeutic recreation services daily. Provide all supplies and directions needed to successfully implement planned activity programs and provide 1:1 therapeutic recreation services.
- Participate in scheduled Hacienda ICF care plan meetings, family and resident council meetings to provide and record relevant therapeutic recreation service input.
- Plan and implement special events including off-campus excursions, seasonal events and special interest events.
- Account for all petty cash used with original store receipts.
- Coordinate monthly resident council meeting for the Hacienda ICF unit per state regulations and maintain meeting records.
- Work cooperatively with the HHC Transportation Department to plan and schedule outings.
- Archive department records, including logs, past inclusive group calendars, financial records, and resident council records.
- Account for all facility and department resources, check outs and cleanliness. Report lost and stolen items to the Administrator.
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Minimum of four-year college/university degree with emphasis in Therapeutic Recreation or another health science/service-related degree such as Special Education or Elementary Education.
- 2 years’ experience in Therapeutic Recreation in a medical setting.
- Must hold a current Arizona State driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to maintain a Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six based on scheduled hours
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 48415