Psychologist / Behavioral Specialist Consultant - Part-time Needed! Apply Today! (41144)
We are seeking a part-time, contract/consultant Psychologist (12 hours/week) to create positive behavior support plans that reflect generally accepted professional standards of care to reduce inappropriate behavior(s) and identify appropriate replacement behavior(s) for our clients in our Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IDD). This is a safety sensitive position.
Expertise in the following areas:
- Develop programs to ensure the safety of our clients through the consistent implementation of Individual Support Plans (ISPs), behavior management plans, and proper staff to client interactions.
- Engage in direct service delivery such as providing assessments, therapy, consultations, and referrals.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings and provide training and technical support to direct care staff.
- Review current Behavior Building Plans (BBPs), reassess target behaviors and conduct functional analysis of appropriate interventions.
- Work in consultation with a Speech Language Pathologist regarding clients’ speech-language and communication skills in determining appropriate replacement behaviors that involve communications.
- Conduct competency-based client-specific training on the revised BBPs.
- Monitor performance of staff carrying out the client BBPs.
- Monitor client progress in all behavioral interventions.
- Participate in quarterly psychotropic medication reviews with the consulting psychiatrist for clients.
- Master’s degree in mental health, psychology, applied behavior analysis or related field.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and Licensed as a Behavior Analyst by the AZ Board of Psychological Examiners, preferred.
- 2+ years of experience and direct contact with individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of behavioral theory and applied behavior analysis.
- Understanding of the characteristics and behaviors associated with intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder and psychiatric disorders.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle intense emotional situations.
- Ability to apply behavioral principles.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.