Physical Therapist Assistant - PRN Needed!!
24 bed Pediatric hospital with family like atmosphere is in search of a PRN PTA for day/night shift. Our hospital in Mesa is a beautiful child- centered facility which cares for patients from newborns to 17 years of age. Applicants must either have at least one year of experience and would prefer experience in a hospital or pediatric setting. Applicants must be self-motivated and possess good time management skills and enjoy being part of a team!
Summary: Responsible for assuring that the comprehensive therapy plan of care is carried out as written by the physical therapist. Ensures accuracy and compliance with all regulatory requirements as it relates to therapies, equipment, and record keeping. Will consult with supervising physical therapist for directions or instructions of various therapy techniques and frequency of therapies per week. This is a safety sensitive position
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Assist PT to plan, organize and participate in medically oriented therapy programs.
- Assist patient in regaining skills through the utilization of selected physical therapy procedures.
- Participate in selection of activities to achieve therapeutic goals.
- Assist PT to monitor patient’s progress, develop treatment plans and recommend programs suited to individual potential and rehabilitative needs.
- Assist PT in coordinating physical therapy with other therapeutic services according to patient’s needs, capabilities, interests and treatment goals.
- Assist PT by participating in patient conferences, consultations and programs designed to improve patient care and staff performance.
- Suggest new physical therapy methods and techniques that may benefit the patient.
- Assist PT in preparing and maintaining a variety of records and files indicating patient progress, care plans and related documentation as required by the department.
- Assist PT in recommending the selection and purchase of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in family and staff training as related to physical therapy services.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Completed approved training program and awarded certification upon completion of NPTE examination.
- Current state license to practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant under the supervision of a Physical Therapist in the state of Arizona
- Certified Physical Therapist Assistant
- Experience preferred but not required
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid.
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.