Physical Therapist Assistant - Full-time Needed!!
Responsible for assuring that the comprehensive therapy plan of care is carried out as written by the physical therapist. Ensures accuracy and compliance with all regulatory requirements as it relates to therapy, equipment, and record keeping. Will consult with supervising physical therapist for directions or instructions of various therapy techniques and frequency of therapy per week. This is a safety sensitive position
- Contributes to physical therapist's effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Assesses abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist's interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices and prostheses.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains production objectives by noting current treatment trends; monitoring actual physical therapy services rendered to production objectives.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations; anticipating emerging issues.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Report to PT for supervision outlined by strictest governing body adhering to licensure
- Education to staff, families and patients regarding components of plan of care
- Perform duties following safety standards required for this position including, but not limited to, use of PPE’s
- Current state license to practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant under the supervision of a Physical Therapist in the state of Arizona
- Experience preferred but not required
- Must be certified in CPR.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Under graduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.