Nurse Case Manager - Home Health - Full-time Position - Needed ASAP!
Summary: RN case managers are registered nurses (RNs) who develop, implement, and evaluate individualized patient care plans. They act as social workers, advocate patient welfare, and serve as a liaison between patients, their families, and healthcare providers: PCP, supply company, hospitals, hospices, nursing homes, and health insurance companies.
RN case managers regularly evaluate these plans of care and update them per agency policy and/or SAIS guidelines. They must educate patients and their families on how to follow their care plans. RN case managers may also provide nursing care to their patients.
Administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis or private duty services in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Services are furnished in accordance with Agency policies and procedures. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures and uses appropriate channel to facilitate change
- Participates in the development of standards, which ensure safe and therapeutically effective service to patient/family.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Provide those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skills.
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes, coordinates services, informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s condition and needs. Plans for patient discharge from services.
- Complete and submit OASIS assessments, reassessments, and transfers, resumption of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency policy.
- Ensure, POC and tracking system is completed in accordance with Agency policy.
- Counsel the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing related needs.
- Refer to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Participate in utilization review of medical records as assigned.
- Ensure protection of confidential information that is stored, handled or maintained by the agency per HIPPA regulations.
- Participate in the coordination of Agency’s services with the services of other community agencies.
- Participate I studies and research and other administrative functions as assigned.
- Serves as role model for all colleagues by setting an example of high standards in dress, conduct, cooperation and job performances.
- Accepts responsibility for regular attendance and punctuality; fulfills job related requirements without regards to time involved.
- Develops a cooperative relationship and communicates effectively and professionally with physicians.
- Investigates and reports any problem relating to patient care and/or employee well-being.
- Immediately reports and accident, incident, lost articles, or unusual occurrence to the Director of Clinical Services/Administrator
- Participate in and presents in-service programs for nursing personnel as needed.
- Assists Director of Clinical Services in conducting patient care conferences, staff meetings, and maintains documentation. Participates in community education projects.
- Ensure that all necessary supplies and equipment are available.
- Give total patient care as needed.
- Take on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Clinical Services/Administrator.
- Act as Director of Clinical Services in the Director’s absence, when assigned.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years nursing experience, preferred
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accural based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours