Medical Group Home Manager (LPN) - Immediate Need!! (42428)
Summary: Oversees the daily operating function of the group home to ensure that it operates safely and within the guidelines of Hacienda HealthCare policies and the Division of the Developmental Disabilities (DDD). This is a safety sensitive position.
1. Responsible for the Residents of the home which includes:
- Preparing for and attending all ISP meetings
- In cooperation of the Director of Group Homes, Medical Group Homes & ASD Independent Living Program, maintain ongoing communication with parents and guardians, DDD Support Coordinators, and therapists as needed
- Conduct weekly Client File audits to maintain accurate, complete and comprehensive client files
- Ensure all applicable regulation/standards are adhered to at all times
- Report, process and follow up on all incident reports immediately and make all necessary notifications
- Ensure residents personal belongings, wheelchairs, and equipment is clean and ready for use
- Ensure that residents are clean, well-groomed and dressed age-appropriately and correctly for the season and environmental conditions2.
2. Responsible for Medical Aspects of Care which includes:
- Responsibility to the D.O.N. for reporting all medical aspects of care and changes of conditions regarding the clients in the home
- Attendance at Doctor appointments (Medical Group Manager has discretion)
- Attendance when client is taken to ER/Hospital
- Ensuring all follow up from Doctor appointments are completed
- Uploading into Synology all Doctor appointments and completed MARs
- Ensure all Physician Orders are updated and current
- Complete all Medication Administration Records (MARs) sheets before the 1st of every month
- Verify that the MAR match the Physician’s Orders and the labels of all medications
- Audit, order and ensure the prompt delivery of all new and renewed medications for the group home
- Ensure all required consents are signed by the appropriate guardian/parents
- Notify PRC, guardian, DDD Support Coordinator of any behavior modifying medication changes within the 24 hour time frame of the medication change.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s (Personal Protective Equipment i.e. gloves)
3. Responsible for Employees which includes:
- Developing, distributing, and revising the staffing schedule for group home personnel
- Securing coverage for open shifts without OT (Manager responsible to cover first 8 hours each week of OT. If OT is needed, it needs to be approved)
- Ensuring proper client to staff ratio
- Ensuring all group home staff accurately complete the required shift documentation on a daily basis.
- Train, coach, guide and discipline all new employees
- Ensuring that they maintain compliance in regards to
2. Prevention and Support
3. Yearly TB skin test
4. Finger Print Clearance
5. CPR & 1st Aid
6. Yearly Flu Vaccine
7. Licenses (Nursing staff)
- Ensuring staff adhere to and follow all directives and policy and procedures handed down by the company
- Attendance at all training sessions required by the company, including manager meetings
- Abide by and Support all directives, policies and procedures handed down by the Company
4. Responsible for Physical Plant (Group Home) which includes:
- Being flexible in hours worked in order to assist with shift coverage if needed
- Weekly walk through of the home
- Send weekly home update to Director of Group Homes, Medical Group Homes & ASD Independent Living Program of maintenance needs
- Ensure that the home is ready for surveys and monitoring
- Be present at all group home surveys and monitoring to assist the Director of Group Homes, Medical Group Homes & ASD Independent Living Program during the survey/monitoring
5. Responsible for maintaining Group Home Budgets which include:
- Grocery shopping
- Management of Client Funds
- Management of Petty Cash Funds
- Submitting SMHS orders on time
- Submitting Shamrock orders on time
- Submitting ledgers to appropriate supervisor on time
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have 1 years’ management experience (Residential group home experience preferred),
- Flexible hours, reliable transportation to work at any location.
- Current LPN License in good standing (for Medical Group Home Manager only)
- Must have or be capable of passing and maintaining Article 9 and Prevention and Support within 90 days of hire.
- Must provide a motor vehicle department (MVD) driving record by time of offer
- Qualify for company Insurance and Drivers training.
- Assistance with shift coverage if needed
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.