MDS Coordinator -- Full-time Needed!
Coordinates and completes all required MDS and other required Assessments: including monitoring and reviewing client charts to ensure Care Plans are updated to reflect any/all changes in condition/status. Submits all MDS information in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern long-term care facilities. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Completes all required MDS Assessments, Reviews and Care plans
- Works with floor nurse to create 21day care plan
- Completes all MDS Nursing Assessments in the required timeframe
- Compiles MDS assessments from Respiratory, Therapy (PT, OT, Speech), Dietary, Activities, Social Services in the required timeframe
- Completes all CAA’s as required.
- Enters and transmits all MDS’s in the required timeframe
- Formulates Care Plans for SNF residents in the required timeframe
- Completes all Quarterly reviews on current SNF residents
- Updates Care Plans Quarterly and ensures they are updated as needed to reflect changes in client orders, condition and/or status
- Reviews and monitors clients for side rail use with evaluations of need, current consents, assessments and updated Care plans, at least quarterly
- Reviews and monitors all forms of restraint use with evaluations of need at least quarterly. (Care plan must reflect a plan for evaluation of need with complete documentation)
- Attends Care Plan Meetings
- Completes a monthly audit on MDS and Care Plan compliance for the QA Committee
- Attends The QA meetings
- Monitors charts for changes in diagnosis, status and condition
- Reviews charts for changes and additions to physician orders
- Acts as a resource to nursing staff
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Current Arizona Nurse License,
- Strong Clinical Skills,
- Experience in Long Term Care environment
- 2 year's or more experience in a Skilled Unit
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.