Manager, Recruiting/Human Resources & HIPAA Compliance Officer (57253)
$2,500 Hiring Bonus
Manages HR programs including recruitment (sourcing, managing applicant tracking system (ATS), interviewing and making employment offers. Ensures that applicants and internal candidates are processed following company policies and procedures to ensure that regulatory and legal requirements are met. Provides HR management assistance for employee relations, investigations, manager training, etc. Oversees and manages the organization’s HIPAA Compliance and Ethics programs. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Partners with hiring managers to determine staffing and sourcing needs for a highly competitive healthcare environment.
- Recommends and writes policies as needed to ensure that HHC has consistency in its recruiting and hiring practices.
- Screens and interviews candidates, administers appropriate assessments, conducts reference checks, makes recommendations for hire and delivers employment offers on a timely basis.
- Uses traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates such as career fairs, on-line job fairs, community network events, etc.
- Ensures job offers and salaries are consistent with company procedures and practices.
- Stays current on employment laws in order to provide consult and advice to hiring managers related to employment practices.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to ensure updated information on the interview process status is maintained and recorded in ATS.
- Manages internal transfer process including screening, coordination of interview with hiring manager, creation of transfer offer letter following established policies.
- Develops and maintains an effective relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers, i.e., benefits, compensation, non-competition agreements, etc., and ensures candidates provide appropriate documents needed for the pre-employment process.
- Ensures that budgetary goals are met by managing sourcing efficiently without negatively impacting the hiring of candidates.
- Regularly reviews, selects and adjusts recruiting sources in order to maximize the influx of qualified candidates.
- Creates a variety of headcount and employee reports through Paycom.
- Processes PLI insurance coverage for all nursing new hires.
- Analyzes turnover statistics to determine reasons for turnover and recommends solutions.
- Manages, maintains, updates and maximizes candidate activity in the ATS.
- Ensures that hiring managers adhere to policy and regulations as it relates to job offers, pre-boarding, on-boarding and new hire orientation while meeting customer needs.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation and Abuse & Neglect training for new hires.
- Conducts exit interviews on terminating employees.
- Utilizes ATS reports to track interviewing activity, sourcing and other data that will help identify trends, issues and interviewing statistics to reduce fill days.
- Develops recruitment postings in order to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Supports HR Employment Coordinator by providing pre-employment information on a timely basis to ensure pre-employment process is smooth.
- Ensures that new hire processes meet company guidelines and governing agencies’ criteria.
- Creates and maintains the organization’s Affirmative Action Plan.
- Provides guidance and training to employees on the Paycom self-serve portal.
- Assists employees with forms, accessing HRIS and answering questions.
- Performs duties following safety standards required for this position including, but not limited to, use of PPE’s.
- Attends and completes training sessions required by the company.
Corporate Compliance & Ethics Program
- Serve as the Compliance Liaison overseeing Hacienda’s Compliance program corporate-wide:
- Help to raise and maintain compliance awareness and culture throughout the entire corporation;
- Communicate information on compliance priorities to department and staff;
- Develop and maintain departmental compliance policies or guidelines as necessary or required;
- Plan, implement, conduct, and document focused training sessions with necessary staff on all applicable laws/regulations/guidelines/policies;
- Focused training must occur upon hire, and at least annually thereafter
- Develop effective departmental risk monitoring plans;
- Utilize all available resources to identify departmental compliance risk areas throughout corporation
- Refer departmental high-risk areas or issues to the Corporate Compliance Officer and/or Committee upon knowledge;
- Document and deliver all real or suspected compliance violation reports to the Compliance Officer within 24 hours of receipt.
- Serve as an indispensable member of the Corporate Compliance Committee:
- Mandatory attendance at all meetings;
- Provide and discuss documentation, analysis, and performance metrics on departmental risk monitoring and training sessions each quarter;
- Collaborate with Compliance Officer and Committee Members to assess, prioritize, and mitigate compliance risks corporate-wide;
- Assist in development and implementation of risk reduction corrective action plans and the Annual Compliance Work Plan;
- Assist with departmental auditing as required;
- Support a proactive and collaborative approach toward compliance investigations and the resolution of potential compliance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field.
- 8+ years’ experience as a HR generalist with strong recruitment experience.
- Experience with HIPAA, Compliance, and Ethics preferred.
- Healthcare HR experience preferred.
- PHR preferred.
- Clear motor vehicle record with the ability to obtain 100, 300, 100 car insurance coverage.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to maintain a Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 57253