Life Skills Trainer -- One Full-time Needed! (53226)
$2,500 Hiring Bonus
Summary: Responsible for ensuring accuracy and compliance with all regulatory requirements as it relates to assigned program books, equipment, training and active treatment needs. Responsible for providing teaching to parents, caregivers, teachers and residents in the implementation of programs, therapies, positioning, active treatment, equipment use, etc. Is a mentor and positive role model to all staff assisting, teaching, monitoring and providing guidance and training to ensure that only the best quality of care is provided to those we serve. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Ensure the implementation of Active Treatment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of individual client’s programmatic goals.
- Conduct ongoing observations of programmatic goals making recommendations when appropriate.
- Conduct ongoing staff observations for proficiency and compliance in the following areas of active treatment, program implementation, orthotic applications, lifts and transfers, equipment use (Maxi lifts, shower gurneys, etc.), and implementation of posted scheduled activities, outings, etc.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of scheduled activities/excursions.
- Ensure the completion of appropriate documentation related to programmatic books, training, re-training, observations, barriers, in-services.
- Ensure adaptive equipment, orthotics and other facility equipment is in good working condition, complete appropriate referrals for repairs/replacement, as well as completing the appropriate barrier forms.
- Ensure referrals, barriers, programs, data sheets, face sheets, programmatic books and other related documentation is completed in a timely manner and the appropriate personnel are provided copies for their records and follow up actions.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6 months' experience with active treatment in a similar environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to maintain a class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 53226