Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) -- ICF Dept. - PRN Openings (46409)
Summary: This position provides nursing care services to ICF-ID residents in accordance with all Arizona State Statutes and Rules comprising the Nurse Practice Act. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Performs routine nursing care including, but not limited to implementation of nursing interventions, medication administration, prescribed treatments, specimen collection, taking and recording vital signs, assisting with hygiene, and administering enteral nutrition.
- Effectively understands the use and maintenance of frequently used equipment such as automatic blood pressure monitors, pulse oximeters, ventilators, enteral feeding pumps, IV pumps, digital thermometers, otoscopes, electronic communication devices, orthotics, and wheelchairs.
- Accurately and thoroughly completes all required documentation including, but not limited to, daily Nursing Notes, Medication Administration Records, Change of Condition reports, Seizure Reports and Incident Reports.
- Monitors, promotes and participates in the implementation of Active Treatment.
- Works collaboratively with Respiratory Therapist to ensure the quality delivery of all ordered care.
- Reviews respiratory assessments and intervenes as needed.
- Monitors the quality and quantity of care provided by non-licensed staff.
- Reviews and approves documentation of care provided by non-licensed staff.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of ICF-ID regulations.
- Participates in ISP meetings as requested.
- Provide instruction, guidance and assistance to other members of the health care team as well as residents families.
- Provides medical interventions such as first aid, TB testing, and vaccinations to staff and other individuals as requested.
- Follow all department specific policies and procedures.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPEs.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- LPN currently licensed to practice in Arizona.
- Experience working with individuals with a developmental disability preferred but not required.
- Must obtain certification in ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire and maintain certification thereafter.
- Must be certified in CPR
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.