Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Home Health - Part-time Opening in Payson, Az
Summary: Administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis or private duty services in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Services are furnished in accordance with Agency policies and procedures. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Provides nursing services, treatments and diagnostic and preventive procedures as assigned.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients. Paperwork must be submitted within 48 hours to office.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and Clinical Director or RN Case Manager reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patients physical or emotional condition.
- Performs clinical and progress notes or visits notes as required by assignment.
- Informs Clinical Director or designee of changes in the condition and needs of the patient.
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents in-service programs
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Is responsible for: Submitting any changes in schedule to Director of Clinical Service/Nursing Case Manager on a daily basis
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures
- Participating in patient care conferences to discuss the need for involvement of other members of the health team.
- Observes aseptic technique as required
- Prepare equipment and materials for treatment.
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care technique.
- Participates in peer review and performance improvement as assigned.
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as assigned.
- Ensure all related documentation is keep up to date and on site
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPEs.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved school of practical (vocational) nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two years nursing experience, preferred
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 32223