Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) -- Hacienda Children's Hospital - full-time/Part-time/PRN Openings!
24 bed Pediatric hospital with family like atmosphere is in search of a LPN's. Our hospital in Mesa is a beautiful child- centered facility which cares for patients from newborns to 17 years of age. Applicants must either have at least one year of experience and would prefer experience in a pediatric setting. Applicants must be self-motivated and possess good time management skills and enjoy being part of a team!
The Licensed Practical Nurse reports directly to the Director of Nursing. The primary function of the Licensed Practical Nurse is to provide direct skilled nursing services to the patient. This is a safety sensitive position
- Safeguard equipment and supplies. Checks that equipment apparatus or appliances furnished to the patient in the course of treatment are in good working order at the time of visit.
- Provide for the safety, emotional, and physical comfort of the patient.
- Perform routine nursing duties, including, but not limited to:
- Taking and recording temperature, pulse, and blood pressure
- Comfort, grooming, and hygiene needs
- Diet management
- Collecting specimens
- Patient activities
- Observe, record, and report to the Director of Nursing on any changes in the general physical and mental condition of the patient.
- Perform skilled nursing procedures in conjunction with the patient care plan and in accordance with the state Nurse Practice Act.
- Assist in the health teaching of patients and family members.
- Assist with patient admission and discharge.
- Document required information legibly in the medical chart of nursing progress notes, seizure record, medication record, treatment record, and Bowel Movement/medications records (BM/medications), daily assessment flow sheet, etc. Review information during charting process, making assessments and recommendations for improved care.
- Provide accurate, complete shift reports on written shift report and in verbal reports to on-coming nurse. Work with each department to ensure consistency and continuity in treatment plan by updating Kardexes and care plans as necessary.
- Utilizes means for furthering professional growth by attending mandatory staff meetings, taking initiative to attend community workshops, touring other facilities, participating in "in house" in-services, and/or completing continuing education classes relevant to nursing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing (DON).
- Perform duties following safety standards required for this position including, but not limited to, use of PPE’s.
- Attend all training sessions required by the company.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Participate in patient care conference with the Director of Nursing
- Must have at least one year of pediatric experience, preferably in an acute care setting.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be capable of passing a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must attend initial orientation classes within 30 days of hire.
- Current Arizona Licensed Practical Nursing License. This license must be in good standing.
- Current CPR and PALS card (PALS within 6 months of hire).
- At least one year of experience, pediatrics preferred.
- Must have IV certification or obtain it within 6 months of hire.
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.