Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) -- Group Home - PRN Openings!!
Summary: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Driver is responsible for performing essential care for our residents in our medical group homes under the direction of the Medical Group Home Manager. This is a safety sensitive position.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for Residents which includes:
- Provide for the safety, emotional and physical needs of all residents
- Ensure residents are clean, well-groomed and dressed age appropriately and correctly for the season and environmental conditions
- Position and re-position every 1 hour while awake and every 2 hours while asleep and as needed
- Help residents cook meals and to eat as needed
- Ensure daily that residents are being emotionally and physically stimulated to the best of their ability
- Assist with showering residents to ensure a complete shower is given as needed
- Driving which includes:
- Daily maintenance checks of the vehicles (i.e. checking turn signals, cleanliness, fuel, etc)
- Responsible for keeping signed documents (Med Appointment Forms) and returning to Manager upon completion of appointment
- Escort and drive residents to appointments and activities as scheduled.
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Report any changes to your driving record immediately
Responsibility for Medical Aspects of Care which includes:
- Responsibility to the D.O.N. and Medical Group Home Manager for reporting all medical aspects of care and changes in conditions regarding the residents in the home
- Performing routine nursing duties, including:
- Taking a recording temperature, pulse, and blood pressure
- Comfort, grooming, and hygiene needs
- Diet management
- Collecting specimens
- Patient activities
- Passing medications
- Reordering medications as needed (or ensuring manager is aware and needs to reorder)
- Safeguard equipment and supplies, and checks equipment apparatus or appliances furnished to resident in the course of treatment
- Responsible for supervision of Hab Tech as it relates to resident care (only when Medical Group Home Manager is not available)
- Maintaining and ensuring that all documentation is completed before end of shift which includes but not limited to: incident reports, daily nursing notes, Med Sheets, etc.
Responsibility to the Company which includes:
- Being flexible in hours worked and location worked in order to assist with staff coverage if needed
- Ensuring that you maintain compliance in regards to
- Article 9
- Prevention and Support
- Annual TB skin test
- Finger Print Clearance Card
- Annual Flu vaccine (or wearing a mask at all times if on duty if refused flu vaccine)
- Drivers License is current and in good standing
- Adhere to and follow all directives and policy and procedures handed down by the company
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed before the end of shift.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Must have and maintain current Arizona State Licensed Practical Nurse license (In good standing)
- Maintain standards of care as outlined in the Nurse Practice Act by Arizona State Board of Nursing
- Must meet age requirement to be a driver for the organization (25yrs minimal)
- Must be able to drive to and work at ALL 4 Phoenix home locations
- Only EXPERIENCED LPN's with a minimum of 2 years experience will be considered
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accural based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.