Job Developer/Coach -- PRN Opening!!! Needed ASAP!
Assist individuals who are diagnosed with Autism in acclimating competitive employment by matching trainees’ skills, interest and experience with the needs of an employer. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Develop positive relationships with individuals we support and the ISP team.
- Ensure participants and others safety.
- Ability to communicate with persons on the Spectrum in various degrees.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Assist with development of support plans with ISP team involvement.
- Provide case management by maintaining accurate, current and complete data ( i.e. Casenotes, Progress reports, etc.)
- Assess and evaluate each participant’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Teach participants good work ethic and responsibilities.
- Provide participants with social skills to communicate effectively in social settings.
- Participate in trainings and meetings as required by trainee’s employer.
- Available Sunday through Saturday 40 hour work week.
- Daily hours may vary depending on trainees employer’s needs.
- Provide transportation as needed.
- Once competitive employment is secured, conduct bus orientation to ensure proper transportation is attained.
- Maintain ongoing contact with potential employer’s to identify future placement.
- Develop/implement marketing programs to increase job placement opportunities.
- Prepare trainees through familiarization with resumes, applications, dress for success, and general interviewing skills.
- Counsel trainees regarding anticipated employer expectations, i.e. hygiene, grooming etc.
- Provide job coaching, and mentoring for trainees.
- Conduct routine follow-up with employer’s to maintain good working relationships and stay apprised of trainee’s success within the job.
- Provide detailed feedback to the Director or Coordinator of Vocational services.
- Adhere to workplace safety, regulations and standards. Both Hacienda and community employer’s/
- Drives vehicles following the driving policies and ensures that is compliant with insurance requirements.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the Hacienda.
- Maintain active certification of CPR/1st Aid, Article-9, Prevention and Supports.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 2-years working in a Vocational setting
- 1-year working with persons with a diagnosis of Autism or Cognitive Disability
- Experience in placement of individuals with disabilities into competitive employment.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Complete compliance trainings within 30-days of hire.
- Must be 25 years of age
- Valid AZ Driver’s License
- Current DMV report
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours