Job Coach - Technology - Full-time Opening!! Apply Today!
Coordination of computer training. Function as a job coach to individuals living with Autism in the vocational program. Provide vocational training to assist participants in securing gainful employment in the community. This is a safety sensitive position
- Assess training needs, by identifying varying teaching methods
- Planning, preparing and researching curriculum which includes assigned group projects
- Provide appropriate resources and learning materials for participants
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
- Teach the use of various computer languages and applications
- Spending contact time with participants on an individual or group basis
- Checking and assessing participant work and giving feedback
- Monitor program activities and conduct evaluations of the program.
- Keeping computer skills and knowledge up to date
- Supervises participants during lunch or as instructed
- Educate program participants on safety precautions, practices, and procedures
- Instruct and mentor participants and associates in customer service.
- Help develop individual support plans with ISP involvement.
- Provide feedback to the Director of Vocational Programs or Vocational Coordinator regarding the participant’s needs and progress.
- Maintain accurate, current, and complete case notes and related data sheets (goals, objectives, timesheets, etc.).
- Maintain safe and clean work environment for all participants at all times.
- Transport participant/clients safely to and from various locations, depending on activity, ranging in time from approximately 30 minutes to 3 hours per 8 hour shift or as needed.
- Develop program evaluation framework to assess strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Liaise with other Managers and Supervisors to secure effective and efficient program delivery.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years’ experience working with computer hardware and software.
- Skill sets to include basic hardware trouble shooting and computer repair.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Apple OS, Excel, Safe Internet usage, E-mail
- 6-months working directly with persons living with Autism or 1-year indirectly.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours