Job Coach - Technology - Full-time Opening!! Apply Today!
Summary: Provide job coaching to individuals living with Autism in the vocational program. Coordinate computer training. Provide vocational training to assist participants in securing gainful employment in the community. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Assess training needs by identifying varying teaching methods.
- Planning, preparing and researching curriculum appropriate for participants’ abilities.
- Provide appropriate resources and learning materials for participants.
- Develop forms and maintain documentation of program.
- Teach the use of various computer languages and applications.
- Teach participants as needed individually or as a group.
- Monitor participant work skills and provide feedback.
- Identify varying teaching methods that work best for students who learn differently.
- Monitor program activities and conduct evaluations of the program.
- Maintain current and up-to-date knowledge on changes and advancements in computer technology.
- Supervise participants during lunch or as instructed.
- Educate program participants on safety precautions, practices and procedures.
- Instruct and mentor participants and associates in customer service.
- Provide feedback during individual ISP meetings.
- Provide feedback to the Director of Vocational Programs or Vocational Coordinator regarding participants’ needs and progress.
- Maintain accurate, current, and complete case notes and related data sheets (goals, objectives, timesheets, etc.).
- Maintain safe and clean work environment for all participants at all times.
- Transport participants/clients safely to and from various locations, depending on activity, ranging in time from approximately 30 minutes to 3 hours per 8 hour shift or as needed.
- Develop program evaluation framework to assess strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Liaise with other managers and supervisors to secure effective and efficient program delivery.
- Perform duties following safety standards required for this position including, but not limited to, use of PPE’s.
- Attend all training sessions required by the company.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- High School Diploma.
- 2 years of experience working with computer hardware and software.
- 6 months of experience working directly with persons living with Autism or 1 year of experience working indirectly with persons living with Autism.
- Skill sets to include basic hardware trouble shooting and computer repair.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Apple OS, Excel, Safe Internet usage, E-mail.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.