Job Coach - Design Works -- Full-time Position!!
Summary: To provide coaching and vocational training for individuals who are living with Autism including social etiquette and work skills to the best of their ability in a Group Supported Employment setting. The goal of the coaching and training is to obtain gainful employment in the community. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Develop positive relationships with individuals we support.
- Ensure participants and others safety.
- Ability to communicate to persons on the Spectrum in various degrees.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Participate in semi-annual hourly wage determination as required by DOL.
- Assist with development of support plans with ISP team involvement.
- Maintain accurate, current and complete date (i.e. Casenotes, Timesheets, Goals etc.)
- Assess and evaluate each participant’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Teach participants good work ethic and responsibilities.
- Provide participants with social skills to communicate effectively with others and supervisors.
- Identify varying teaching methods that work best for the Participant.
- Participate in trainings and meeting as requested.
- Knowledge of designing, teaching and creativity.
- Plans schedules and implements arts and crafts activities.
- Requisitions supplies and materials; maintain tools and ensures room and equipment are kept in orderly condition.
- Follow all regulations pertaining to Health and Safety.
- Available Monday thru Friday.
- Available between the hours of 6am - 5:00pm.
- Transport participants or clients safely to and from various locations depending on activity, ranging in time from approximately 30 minutes to 3 hours per 8 hour shift or as needed.
- Provide detailed feedback to the Vocational Coordinator or Director of Vocational Programs.
- Assist with supervising, monitoring, and coordinating participant’s schedules.
- Adhere to workplace safety, regulations and standards.
- Drives vehicles (including high profile) following the driver’s policies and ensures compliant with insurance requirements.
- Perform duties following safety standards required for this position including, but not limited to, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s).
- Attend all training sessions required by the company.
- Maintain active certifications of CPR/1st Aid, Article -9, Prevention and Supports, and Food Handlers Card.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Preferred: 1 year of experience working in a Vocational setting.
- Knowledge of working with persons living with Autism.
- Complete compliance training within 30 days of hire.
- Must be 25 years of age.
- Valid AZ Driver’s License
- Current MVD report.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Under graduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.