Group Home Manager - Hiring Immediately! Multiple Openings! (40111)
Summary: Oversees the daily operating function of the group home to ensure that it operates safely and within the guidelines of Hacienda HealthCare policies and the Division of the Developmental Disabilities (DDD). This is a safety sensitive position.
Responsible for the Residents of the home which includes:
- Preparing for and attending all ISP meetings.
- In cooperation with the Program Director, maintain ongoing communication with parents and guardians, DDD Support Coordinators, and therapists as needed.
- Conduct weekly Client File Audits to maintain accurate, complete and comprehensive client files.
- Ensure all applicable regulations/standards are always adhered to.
- Report, process, and follow up on all incident reports immediately and make all necessary notifications.
- Ensure residents personal belongings, wheelchairs, and equipment is clean and ready for use.
- Ensure residents are clean, well-groomed, and dressed (age appropriately, correctly for the season, and environmental conditions.)
- Ensure daily that residents are being emotionally and physically stimulated to the best of their ability.
- Attendance when client is taken to ER/Hospital.
- Perform all duties following safety standards required for this position including, but not limited to, use of PPE’s (Personal Protective Equipment; i.e. gloves).
Responsible for Employees which includes:
- Developing, distributing, and revising the staffing schedule for group home personnel.
- Securing coverage for open shifts without OT (Manager responsible to cover first 8 hours each week of OT. If OT is needed, it needs to be approved).
- Ensuring proper client to staff ratio.
- Ensuring all group home staff accurately complete the required shift documentation daily.
- Train, coach, guide and discipline all new employees.
- Ensure that staff maintain compliance regarding:
- Article 9
- Prevention and Support
- Yearly TB test
- Finger Print Clearance
- CPR & 1st Aid
- Yearly Flu Vaccine
- Abide by and support all company directives, policies and procedures.
- Ensure staff adhere to and follow all company directives and policy and procedures.
- Attend training sessions required by the company, including manager meetings.
Responsible for the Group Home which includes:
- Being flexible in hours worked to assist with shift coverage if needed.
- Weekly walk through of the home.
- Send weekly home update to Program Administrator.
- Ensure that the home is ready for surveys and monitoring.
- Be present at all group home surveys and monitoring to assist the Program during the survey/monitoring.
Responsible for maintaining Group Home Budgets which include:
- Grocery shopping.
- Management of Client Funds.
- Management of Petty Cash Funds.
- Submitting SMHS orders on time.
- Submitting Shamrock orders on time.
- Submitting ledgers to appropriate supervisor on time.
- 1-year management experience (Residential group home experience preferred).
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, including comprehending, reading and writing the English language, with tact.
- Flexible hours and ability to assistance with shift coverage, as needed.
- Must have or be capable of passing and maintaining Article 9 and Prevention and Support within 90 days of hire.
- Must have a clean driving record over at least the last 3 years (as verified by our DMV background check) and be able to qualify for company Insurance and Drivers training.
- Reliable transportation to work at any work location.
- Must have or be capable of passing and maintaining CPR / 1st Aid within 30 days of hire.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Class 1 Finger Print Clearance Card within 90 days of hire.
- Must be capable of passing a pre-employment drug screen.
Flexible Spending Account
Short and Long Term Disability
Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
$ for $ up to 4%
3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure