Director of Program Services -- Full-time Opening!! (44238)
Assist in the coordination/implementation of the Individual Support Plans (ISP) and related services provided in the Intermediate Care Facilities/Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/ID). Write training programs, behavioral programs and provide direction and supervision for the Life Skills Trainers, Director of Therapeutic Recreation, and therapists to ensure full compliance at all times with all regulatory standards these departments are responsible for. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Ensure the provision of quality care, compliance with regulatory agency standards, cost containment and proactive risk management.
- Ensure that written training objectives are accurate as they relate to the Individual Support Plans (ISP) and represent the training needs of the residents of the ICF-ID.
- Monitor therapy recommendations as they relate to the residents of the ICF-ID and facilitate required approvals.
- Write, monitor and assist in the development of teaching strategies, program objectives, client schedules and mechanical supports to ensure compliance with ISP recommendations with the cooperation with the responsible departments.
- Participate and contribute at scheduled ISPs, IEPs and other essential interdisciplinary meetings.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards as it relates to the ISP’s and supporting documents.
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of ISP meetings and other meetings with families, DDD Support Coordinators, etc., as they arise.
- Provide assistance and guidance to other departments as appropriate.
- Apply cost containment strategies on an ongoing basis with regard to responsible departments.
- Comply with Hacienda’s standards of maintaining confidentiality, integrity, quality and professionalism.
- Manage the Life Skills Training staff, Director of Therapeutic Recreation, and therapists to ensure compliance with Division of Developmental Disabilities and Department of Health Services regulations for ICF-ID.
- Provide guidance and training to ensure the provision of quality care and implementation of active treatment.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards that pertain to the ICF-ID for responsible departments.
- Ensure consistency among internal and external programs for residents of the ICF-ID.
- Serve as the backup for the Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP).
- Monitor data/progress, revising strategies/objectives based on individual needs and performance.
- Participate in admissions and discharge planning of residents for/in the ICF-ID.
- Responsible for managing performance and directing work flow of assigned staff as appropriate.
- Apply risk management strategies on an ongoing basis to ensure the safety of the corporation and its clients.
- Apply proactive risk management standards of maintaining confidentiality, integrity, quality and professionalism
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 2 years of experience developing lesson plans or written training plans.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities is preferred.
- Knowledge of CMS, DHS, DDD, regulations as they apply to ICF/ID facilities is preferred.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.