Dietary Cook - HCH -- Full-time 10 am - 6 pm
Summary: Prepared and serves meals according to cycle menus; monitors methods of food handling, preparation, meal service and equipment cleaning. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Coordinate food preparation and meal service.
- Plan and initiate cooking schedule for food preparation to meet meal schedule.
- Prepare, season, cook, and serve meat, main dish, soup, vegetable, salad and dessert for assigned meal; ensure appropriate portioned servings according to portion control standards and recipes.
- Prepare nutritional snacks for residents as directed by the Dietary Manager.
- Taste and smell prepared food to determine quality and palatability.
- Monitor temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal service.
- Store leftovers; plan for use of leftover foods in accordance with sanitation regulations and leftover policy.
- Supervise dietary staff in the absence of Dietary Manager; initiate replacement calls for absentees as directed.
- Assist with department inventory program.
- Check and inspect food products and supplies as delivered, in the absence of the Dietary Manager.
- Supervise and assist in storage of supplies and food products.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus; confer with Dietary Manager.
- Notify Dietary Manager of food, supplies or equipment needs.
- Clean equipment and work areas as assigned by the Dietary Manager.
- Assist with annual checklist inspection of department.
- Be knowledgeable of federal, state, and community’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled department staff meetings.
- Attend in-service educational programs.
- Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
- Follow defined Infection Control procedures.
- Understand community’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school graduate or equivalent education is preferred. Education in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets preferred
- Minimum one (1) year food service experience in a health care dietary setting is preferred.
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Under graduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six based on scheduled hours
Medical: Employee paid
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.