Charge Nurse - SNF Department - Full-time/Part-time Openings!!
Summary: The SNF Charge Nurse Responsible for managing the day to day activities of nursing staff including supervision, while ensuring patients receive the proper care following company standards, state and federal regulations. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Coordinates daily operations of SNF Unit
- Physician visits
- Pharmacy Services
- Dietary Services
- Provides clinical support for nursing staff
- Recommends in-services or re-training for nurses as necessary
- Coordinates nursing assignments
- Acts as a resource to nursing staff
- Assists physicians on rounds
- Obtains physician’s orders and changes as needed
- Monitors and supervises assessments of all wounds daily
- Initiates auditing of medication records, nurses notes, flow sheets & physicians orders
- Supervises and assists with admissions & discharges
- Supervises and assists with physicians telephone orders, consults and referrals
- Notes and double notes recaps as needed
- Updates Nurse’s signature sheets
- May attend QAPI meetings
- May attend Care Plan meetings
- Sends paperwork for appointments
- Supervises the monitoring of medications in nursing station, refrigerator, and medication carts to assure that they are within expiration dates and accurately labeled
- Supervises ordering of medications
- Is responsible for any other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing
- Abides by Hacienda policies and procedures
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s..
- Must attend training sessions required by the company
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Current Arizona RN License
- Minimum of one year experience working in a comparable setting
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.