Caregiver -- Full-time Openings - ICF Dept. (46279)
Summary: The Caregiver is responsible for providing direct client care services to clients with developmental or intellectual disabilities under the supervision of the Director of Care Services, Nursing Staff, Unit Leaders and Active Treatment Specialists . This is a safety sensitive position.
- Reports to work on time for each shift as assigned
- Performs and documents direct client care including, but not limited to assisting clients with ADLS such as bathing, grooming, eating, repositioning, and toileting
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPEs
- Communicate in a professional manner to Hacienda Healthcare personnel and family members
- Must attend all required education /staff meetings
- Participates in client related activities both on/off main campus
- Achieve and maintain client care competencies as taught in the initial phase of employment and thereafter
- Ensures clients personal belongings and equipment are in working condition and ready for use on daily basis
- Complies with Hacienda Healthcare Safety Check Policy
- Understands active treatment and providing active treatment on an ongoing basis throughout the shift
- Understands ,implements , documents all client programs and essential paperwork as outlined in the ISP (Individualized Support Plan)
- Ensures and maintains all compliance is completed in a timely manner which includes CPR & 1st Aid, TB, Finger Print Clearance, Flu Shot, Article 9
- Must understand and follow basic infection control standards
- Follows all department specific procedures including but not limited to nightly chores, rounds report and stay overs
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Have a high school diploma or GED preferred
- Related experience preferred
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.