Behavioral Specialist -- Part-time Position Needed ASAP! (42239)
Create positive behavior support plans that reflect generally accepted professional standards of care to reduce inappropriate behavior(s) and identify appropriate replacement behaviors. Develop such programs to ensure the safety of all clients through the consistent implementation of ISPs, knowledge of and consistent implementation of behavior management plans, and proper staff to client interactions. This is a safety sensitive position.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engage in direct service delivery, i.e., provide assessments, therapy, consultations and referrals.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings.
- Provide training and technical support to Hacienda staff
- Train and monitor effectiveness of program plans developed by professional staff and implemented by non-professional staff.
- Ensure client safety and implementation of the best possible treatment plans.
- Write and review Behavior Building Plans (BBPs), reassess target behaviors and conduct a functional analysis of each target behavior and design appropriate interventions.
- Work in consultation with the SLP regarding each client’s speech-language and communication skills in determining appropriate replacement behaviors and positive programs.
- Conduct competency-based client-specific training on all BBPs.
- Monitor performance of staff carrying out the client’s BBP.
- Monitor client progress in all behavioral interventions, including the reduction of restrictions and medications for behavior management.
- Participate in quarterly psychotropic medication reviews with consulting psychiatrist for each client.
- Serve, minimally, as a member of the IDT for each client with a BBP/psychotropic medication prescribed.
- Comply with HHC’s standards of maintaining confidentiality, integrity, quality and professionalism.
- Ensure compliance with all DDD, DHS regulations.
- Comply with all regulations regarding licensure and continuing education, as applicable.
- Master’s degree in mental health, psychology, applied behavior analysis or related field.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and Licensed as a Behavior Analyst by the AZ Board of Psychological Examiners, preferred.
- 2+ years of experience and direct contact with individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of behavioral theory and applied behavior analysis.
- Understanding of the characteristics and behaviors associated with intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder and psychiatric disorders.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle intense emotional situations.
- Ability to apply behavioral principles.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to maintain a Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.