Associate Development Manager - Full-time Opening!!
This position requires a combination of a marketing strategist, philanthropic developer, relationship builder, and creative thinker with a proven track record. The Associate Development Manager works closely with the VP of Marketing and Public Relations to develop systems and processes in the marketing and development chain to secure and sustain long term financial resources for the organization.
In addition, must have strong writing skills, show success as a grant writer, have sales experience, and have an understanding of financial statements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: donor prospecting; grant writing; post-award project management and monitoring; database management and creation of Hacienda HealthCare’s Hispanic Marketing & Donor Development program. This a safety-sensitive position.
- Designs short/long-term strategies and tactics for donor growth and sustainability
- Works with Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations to create and implement fundraising/planned giving policies
- Researches and identifies individual and organizational donor prospects with both capacity and propensity to make a major gift and/or a pledge of sustainable support
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards major gift prospects and individual sustaining members—while this is primarily done face-to-face, other forms of communication include phone, letter, and email
- Pulls complex lists and reports
- Reviews existing donor data to identify prospects for upgrade from direct marketing programs to more personalized, high value approaches.
- Analyzes giving patterns of individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Conducts research and prepares profiles on new prospects to determine propensity and capacity; updates existing donor and prospect profiles.
- Reactively and proactively compiles and coordinates donor and pipeline data from fundraisers, staff, and leadership into the database.
- Creates and manages Hacienda-wide annual stewardship calendar to ensure ongoing engagement and cultivation of donors, and prospective donors at all levels
- Oversees processing of all gift transactions and all related operational activities, including donor acknowledgement, pledge collection, database management, and data synchronization, ensuring that work is carried out in a timely and high-quality manner, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of gift entry.
- Trains staff and volunteers to understand fundraising strategies and ensures consistent process delivery
- Works closely with Marketing & Events Manager to ensure resource materials, website, and other forms of communication are relevant and frequently updated
- Researches, writes, and/or edits articles, announcements and other related products for Hacienda HealthCare publications, websites, internal and external press; coordinates donor approvals of all donor-related collateral materials, as necessary
Additional Responsibilities: Aside from the specific areas identified herein; there are overriding generic challenges which characterize this position. They include:
- Cultivates and maintains productive relationships with media contacts through personal visits, tours, and media related events, and serves as the face and voice of Hacienda HealthCare for the Hispanic market
- Responds to incoming media calls by providing timely and accurate information
- Attends organization events and serves as primary point of contact
- Ensures that all content material is compliant with HIPAA regulations and with all Hacienda HealthCare policies and procedures
- Ensures all outgoing content is pre-approved by the HIPAA Compliance and/or Security Officers or the Vice President of Corporate Communications.
Driving: Drives vehicles following the driving policies and ensures that he/she is compliant with insurance requirements.
Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
Must attend all training sessions required by the company.Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of experience or Masters with minimum of 5 years of nonprofit experience. Prefer background in marketing, public relations, finance, journalism, public relations, event creation, or related work.
- Strong computing skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite) and experience with CRMs or donor databases. Fluency in Spanish a big plus.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.