Assistant Director of Nursing -- Residential and DTA Services (46299)
Ensure the provision of quality nursing care to the residents of our Residential Group Homes and DTA programs in accordance with Federal, State, and Local standards and regulations. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Assists Director of Nursing and Administrator in the oversight of Nursing Supported Group Homes, Group Homes and DTA.
- Assessment of clients as needed to ensure highest quality of care.
- Collaborate with other departments, medical professionals, and organizations, including government agencies and advocacy groups, to develop, support and coordinate resident care, related administrative functions, and to represent the interests of the facility.
- Develop nursing service objectives/policies and direct the implementation of these objectives/policies.
- Recommend educational programs tailored to the specialized needs of our residents.
- Oversee career development of all nursing staff for the medical group homes including the LPN managers.
- Coordinate continuity of care while group home residents are in hospital settings.
- Participate in weekly group home reviews to discuss resident status, census changes, personnel, or resident complaints or concerns.
- Responsible for in-home monthly review of medical records and medications checks for each resident of each medical group home. Examples include but are not limited to: Medication administration record, treatment administration record, skin assessment, dietary requirements, medical appointments, physician orders, lab reports, incident reports, medication expiration, med error documentations, special instructions, holes in all medical documentation etc. to establish recommendations for continuity of care.
- Assure the provision of quality care, compliance with regulatory agency standards, cost containment and proactive risk management on an ongoing basis.
- Respond to inquiries and provide information on nursing care and services to pertinent parties.
- Screen prospective residents to assure that staff has the ability to provide the care needed.
- Determine if prospective residents are suitable with respect to current residents.
- Coordinate and/or develop on-going QA activities for nursing services to monitor nursing compliance with standards and regulatory requirements through rounds, interviews and record reviews.
- Assist Nursing Supported Group Home Managers with state inspection surveys, double checking all Medication Administration Records, instructing staff on matters of conduct and disclosure, being interviewed by inspectors, immediate corrections of problems noted by surveyors, etc.
- Participate in the preparation of the Plan of Correction response to an inspection survey and implement any follow-up QA required for any nursing allegations.
- Comply with the Corporation’s standards of maintaining confidentiality, integrity, quality, and professionalism.
- Responsible for duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing and Administrator, Residential and DTA Services.
- Supervision of the nursing services provided in Residential Services.
- Provide continual recommendations for medical equipment needed to ensure the welfare and safety of each client.
- Collaborate with Director of Nursing and Administrator to facilitate the continued growth and success of the programs.
- Continuing to increase attendance of the medical group home residents by implementing proper protocols for client care and safety.
- Perform duties following safety standards required for this position including, but not limited to, use of PPE’s.
- Attend all training sessions required by the company.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- 5 years of pediatric and adult nursing experience in a long-term care facility for persons with an intellectual disability.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Must provide a MVD driving record and qualify for company insurance.
- Must be able to maintain a Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.