Assistant Director of Group Homes - Full-time Opening! (38240)
The Assistant Director of Group Homes, Medical Group Homes & ASD Independent Living assists the Director in the daily operating function of the group homes to ensure that they operate safely and within the guidelines of Hacienda HealthCare policies and the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). This is a safety sensitive position.
ADMINISTRATIVE WHICH INCLUDE:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director of Group Homes, Medical Group Homes, & ASD Independent Living Program.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director of Nursing.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Group Home and Medical Group Home Managers.
- Order SMHS & Shamrock supplies on a monthly basis.
- Follow up with all group home managers to ensure paperwork is submitted in a timely manner
- Review, approve and submit all Petty Cash/Ledgers/Receipts, all Grocery/Ledgers/Receipts and Client Funds requests/Ledgers/Receipts to the appropriate place (HHC finance & DDD Client Funds for special funds)
- Remain current on all DDD/DES, DHS, ARC, AHCCCS and HCBS regulatory standards
- Assist with assessing and coordinating new client admissions
- Abide by all Hacienda, Inc. policies and procedures and directives handed down by the company
- Complete all other assignments as assigned by the Director of Group Homes, Medical Group Homes & ASD Independent Living
GROUP HOME RESPONSIBILITIES WHICH INCLUDE:
- Prepare for and attend Annual ISP’s
- Complete program strategies and monitor outcomes.
- Be available for and present for all site surveys.
- Maintain client files with an emphasis on completeness and accuracy.
- Complete on time, and present all BBP’s to PRC
- Monthly monitoring of all BBP’s.
- Complete a Group Home walk through and Monitoring Monthly of assigned homes to ensure the staff are addressing on-going issues to maintain proper health and safety of the clients.
MEDICAL ASPECTS OF CARE RESPONSIBILITIES WHICH INCLUDE:
- Responsible to D.O.N. for medical aspects of care regarding clients in the homes.
- Ensure that managers reporting to D.O.N. medical aspects of care and changes in condition regarding the clients in the home.
Follow up with guardians/families when client is in hospital and reporting updates to the Director of Group
- Homes, Medical Group Homes & ASD Independent Living Program and the D.O.N.
- Audit Medication Sheets (MARs), and Medications to ensure labels match
- Notify PRC, guardian, DDD Support Coordinator, of any behavior modifying medication increases within the 24 hour time frame.
- Ensure Managers are uploading into Synology the medical consults and completed MARs
- Must perform all duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s (Personal Protective Equipment i.e. gloves)
- Attendance at all training sessions required by the company.
EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES WHICH INCLUDE:
- Oversight of the staffing of homes by Managers when there are staffing issues related to call offs, etc
- Ensuring proper client to staff ratio is maintained and staff
- Ensuring employees maintain compliance in regards to
- Article 9
- Prevention and Support
- Annual TB test
- Finger Print Clearance
- CPR/1st Aid
- Annual Flu Vaccine
- Supervises, trains and evaluates professional and support staff.
- Provides direction, support and leadership to professional and support staff
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE WHICH INCLUDE:
- Help to raise and maintain compliance awareness and culture
- Communicate information on corporate compliance priorities and policies to department and staff (s)
- Develop and maintain departmental compliance policies or guidelines as necessary or required
- Develop effective departmental risk monitoring plans as necessary
- Utilize all available internal or external resources to identify departmental compliance risk areas
- Develop and maintain documentation and metrics on risk monitoring to present to Committee as needed or requested
- Refer departmental high risk area or issues to the Corporate Compliance Officer and/or Committee upon knowledge
- Implement and monitor any risk reduction corrective action plans received from the Committee
- Plan, implement, and conduct any necessary focused compliance training sessions on identified laws/regulations/guidelines/policies with necessary staff
- Focused departmental training must occur upon hire, and at least annually thereafter
- Documentation and metrics on all focused compliance training must be provided to the Director of Corporate Compliance
- Document and deliver all real or suspected compliance violation reports to the Compliance Officer within 24 hours of receipt
- Must have 5 years of experience coordinating, planning and implementing residential and/or community programs for the intellectually disabled including supervisory and/or management experience
- Must meet age requirement to be a driver for the organization (25yrs minimal)
- Must have a clean driving record and be approved by our insurance carrier
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.