Administrative Assistant - Hacienda Children's Hospital
24 bed Pediatric hospital with family like atmosphere is in search of a Administrative Assistant for day shift. Our hospital in Mesa is a beautiful child- centered facility which cares for patients from newborns to 17 years of age.
Focuses on support of the hospital staff both on the administrative side as well as the clinical aspect. Implements and oversees improvements in the delivery of support. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Greet, direct and provide assistance to visitors on a timely basis in person and telephonically.
- Helps with coordination of patient admissions.
- Coordinate registration and transportation for patient appointments.
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Acts as a liaison for any maintenance or building needs by reporting issues and coordinating repairs with internal or external contractors.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Coordinates staffing schedule with clinical personnel.
- Coordinates scheduling of meetings and events as well organizes refreshments and/or any other necessary items for event.
- Drives vehicles following the driving policies and ensures that is compliant with insurance requirements.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPE’s.
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum 1 year administrative experience.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Under graduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.